Elektrogas - VS Series - Pressure Relief Valve
The VS type is a pressure relief valve designed to reduce temporary pressure surge in burning appliances. The shutting-off of automatic valves or non-tightly closing of regulators can cause pressure increase; by releasing that overpressure in a relief line, VS valve enables the system to work properly again.
Connections: Gas threaded F/F ISO 7-1 Rp3/4 or Rp1
Ambient temperature: -15°C ... +60°C
Inlet - relief pressure:
Inlet pressure 3 bar max
Spring colour Neutral / Orange / Blue / Black
Relief pressure (mbar) 45 - 150 / 85 - 190 / 150 - 450 / 400 - 1200
Discharge capacity: see charts
Installation: Horizontal (with settable spring upward) or vertical pipeline.
Gas type: Air, natural gas, town gas, LPG (gaseous) of families 1,2,3 (EN437).
On request special version for biologically produced methane and COG.
Weight: 1.3 Kg
Materials in contact with gas: Aluminum alloy
Nitrile rubber (NBR)
Fluoro elastomer (FPM)
- Valve housing is made of aluminum alloy die-cast.
- Equipped with adjustable spring, so that relief pressure can be precisely set up on site.
- Pipe connections meet group 2.
- Designed for high relief flow.
- Suitable for use with air and non-aggressive gases included in the 1, 2 and 3 families (EN 437). Special versions for aggressive gases (like biogas or COG) are free of non-ferrous metals and provided with rubber part made of FKM (J version).
- Provided with pressure test points on two sides in the inlet chamber to connect manometers, pressure switches or other gas equipments.
- All components are designed to withstand any mechanical, chemical and thermal condition occurring during typical service. Effective impregnation and surface treatments are used to improve mechanical sturdiness, sealing and resistance to corrosion of components.
- Valves are 100% tested and fully warranted.
This device is usually installed in gas trains, industrial applications and gas firing systems.
Product DATASHEET - VS Series