Elektrogas - VRA, VLA, VTA Series - Solenoid Valves for Combustion Air Regulation
The VRA/VLA/VTA types are normally closed solenoid valves for cold combustion air regulation (open when energized). This type of device is suitable for high/low control of combustion air in industrial gas burners.
- The valves are made of aluminum alloy die-cast, with a wide range for inlet/outlet connections from DN 20 (3/4” )up to DN 80 (3”).
- Pipe connections meet group 2, according to EN161 requirements.
- Suitable for use with cold combustion air (not for safety shut-off).
- Provided with two flow adjustments: minimum and maximum flow rate, for high/low operation.
- Suitable for heavy-duty cycle operation and for continuous service (100% ED).
- The whole range can be provided in Ex-proof execution, for use in Zones 2 and 22, according to 2014/34/EU Directive (ATEX).
- The valve is supplied without an internal filter, because in many applications the air is very dirty and it should clog the filter in short time. It is provided with a special dust cover able to protect mechanical moving parts.
- Provided with 1/4” pressure gauge on two sides in the inlet chamber, to connect manometers, pressure switches or other equipments. Flanged models are provided with gauges also in the outlet chamber.
- The coils are provided with terminal box or with ISO 4400 plug (optional). Both systems are provided with suitable cable gland to avoid water and dirty contamination.
- All components are designed to withstand any mechanical, chemical and thermal condition occurring during typical service. Effective impregnation and surface treatments have been used to improve mechanical sturdiness, sealing and resistance to corrosion of the components.
- Valves are 100% tested by computerized testing machineries and are fully warranted.
- Connections: Gas threaded ISO 7-1 from Rp3/4 to Rp2½ or
ANSI-ASME B1.20 from 3/4”NPT to 2”½NPT
Flanged PN16 – ISO 7005 from DN40 to DN80 or
ANSI-ASA-ASME B16.5 class 150 from 2” to 3”
- Voltage rating: 230 VAC 50/60 Hz
120 VAC 50/60 Hz
110 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Voltage tolerance: -15% / +10%
- Ambient temperature Media temperature: 15°C to +60°C (+5°F to +140°F)
- Max. operating pressure: 200 mbar (3 psig)
- Operating time VRA: 1s opening/closing
VLA: ~4s opening / 1s closing
VTA: ~4s opening/closing
- Protection class: IP54 (NEMA 3)
optional IP65 with cable (NEMA 4)
- Cable gland: M20x1,5 for terminal box
PG 9 for ISO plug
- Wires cross-section: 2,5 mm2 max. (AWG 12) for terminal board
1,5 mm2 max. (AWG 14) for ISO plug
- Electrical safety: Class I (EN 60335-1)
- Coil winding insulation: Class H (200°C, 392°F)
- Coil thermal resistance: Class F (155°C, 311°F)