Elektrogas - VMRNA Series - Automatic Vent Valve for Gas Appliances
The VMRNA type is an automatic vent valve for gas appliances. It is suitable for discharging excess or leakage gas into relief lines.
Internal threaded ISO 7-1 Rp3/4 - Rp1½
or ANSI-ASME B1.20 3/4”NPT – 1½”NPT (special ver.)
Voltage & Max. operating pressure:
230 VAC 50/60 Hz
110 VAC 50/60 Hz
500mbar (7psig)or 6bar (90psig) - only ¾”-1”
200mbar (3psig) or 2bar (30psig) – only ¾”-1”
-15% to +10%
-15°C / +60°C (+5°F to +140°F)
Opening and closing time:
< 1 second
IP54 (EN 60529) - optional IP65
Cable gland and wire section:
Terminal box: M20x1,5 - 2,5 mm2 max.
or ISO plug (optional): PG9 - 1,5 mm2 max.
Materials in contact with gas:
Aluminum alloy, Brass, Stainless steel, Plated steel,
Anaerobic adhesive, Nitrile rubber (NBR), Fluoro
elastomer (FPM), Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- VMRNA valve is a reverse acting solenoid valve: when de-energized, the valve is open (N.O. normally open).
- The valves are made of aluminum alloy with connections from 3/4” or 1”½. Pipe connections meet group 2.
- Sealings are made of NBR-based rubber certified for use with air gas (EN 549). Suitable for use with air and non-aggressive gases included in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd families (EN 437). Special versions for aggressive gases (e.g. biogas).
- Qualified for continuous service (100% ED).
- Provided with G1/4 pressure gauge on two sides in inlet chamber to connect manometers, pressure switches, or other gas equipment.
- Provided with G1/8 connection to fit an open position indicator switch (see PCS datasheet - This device shall be ordered separately).
- VMRNA valve can be integrated in Elektrogas VMM valve, resulting in a very compact system (see VMM datasheet for details).
- All components are designed to withstand any mechanical, chemical and thermal condition occurring during typical service. Effective impregnation and surface treatments have been used to improve mechanical sturdiness, sealing and resistance to corrosion of the components.
- Valves are 100% tested and fully warranted.
Product DATASHEET - VMRNA Series
Functioning and Application:
The VMRNA type valve is a vent valve for relief line. When it is de-energized, the spring pushes on the magnetic core and the disc is open, hence gas can flow to relief line. This device is usually integrated in burning system: when the
system is de-energized, upstream safety shut off valves are closed, while vent valve is open, so that fuel gas inside pipe can be discharged in a safe area.
In case of leakages of shut off valves, gas goes to relief line in a safe condition. When the system is powered, vent valve closes while the main shut off valves open, hence fuel can flow to burner.
Standards and Approvals:
The valves are designed and manufactured according to European standard EN 16304.
The following standards/technical specifications have been fulfilled:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (2014/30/UE)
- Low Voltage Directive (2014/35/UE)
- Rohs II (2011/65/UE)
- Pressure Equipment Directive (2014/68/UE) – art. 4.3 (2bar or 6bar models)
- Atex (2014/34/UE) when shown upon the product.
Quality Management System of manufacturer is certified according to UNI EN ISO 9001 and the monitoring is carried out by the notified body:
Kiwa Cermet Italia Spa