Elektrogas - VMR Series - Solenoid Valve for Gas
The VMR type valve is a fast opening single-stage solenoid valve, normally closed (open when energized). This type of device is suitable for air or gas blocking and releasing controls, required in gas power burners, atmospheric gas boilers, industrial kilns and others gas consuming appliances.
Internal threaded ISO 7-1 from Rp1/4 to Rp2½ or
ANSI-ASME B1.20 from 1/4”NPT to 2”½NPT
Flanged ISO 7005 PN16 from DN40 to DN150 or
ANSI-ASA-ASME B16.5 class 150 from 2” to 6”
230 VAC 50/60 Hz
120 VAC 50/60 Hz
110 VAC 50/60 Hz
-15% to +10%
-15°C to +60°C (+5°F to +140°F)
Max. operating pressure:
200 mbar (3 psig)
360 mbar (5 psig)
500 mbar (7 psig)
6 bar * (90 psig)
Body test pressure:
1 bar (15 psig)
9 bar * (130 psig)
< 1 second
< 1 second
600 μm (0.02 in)
(except brass models and 6 bar)
IP54 (NEMA 3)
optional IP65 with cable (NEMA 4)
M20x1,5 for terminal box
PG 9 for ISO plug
2,5 mm2 max. (AWG 12) for terminal board
1,5 mm2 max. (AWG 14) for ISO plug
Class I (EN 60335-1)
Coil winding insulation:
Class H (200°C, 392°F)
Coil thermal resistance:
Class F (155°C, 311°F)
- The valves are made of aluminum alloy die-cast (or hot-pressed brass for OTN versions), with a wide range for inlet/outlet connections from DN 8 (1/4”) up to DN 150 (6”).
- Sealings are made of NBR-based rubber certified for use with gas (EN 549).
- Suitable for use with air and non-aggressive gases included in the 1, 2 and 3 families (EN 437).
Special versions suitable for aggressive gases, free of non-ferrous metals and with FPM seals.
- Pipe connections meet Group 2 and backpressure sealing is compliant with Class A, according to EN161 requirements.
- The whole range can be provided in Ex-proof execution, for use in Zones 2 and 22, according to 2014/34/EU Directive (ATEX).
- The valve is open only when energized: if, for any reason, power supply goes down, the valve closes immediately (intrinsic safe).
- Suitable for heavy-duty cycle operation and qualified for continuous service (100% ED).
- Equipped with flow rate adjustment (except brass models).
- An incorporated fine mesh filter protects the valve seat and disc as well as downstream components and prevents dirty contamination (except brass models and 6 bar).
- Provided with G1/8 connection to fit a proof of closure switch or a visual indicator.
- Provided with 1/4" pressure gauge on two sides in the inlet chamber (except brass models), to connect manometers, pressure switches, leakage detectors or other gas equipments. Flanged models are provided with gauges also in the outlet chamber.
- The coils are provided with terminal box or with ISO 4400 plug. Both systems are provided with suitable cable gland to avoid water and dirty contamination.
- All components are designed to withstand any mechanical, chemical and thermal condition occurring during typical service. Effective impregnation and surface treatments have been used to improve mechanical sturdiness, sealing and resistance to corrosion of the components.
- Valves are 100% tested by computerized testing machineries and are fully warranted.